The AIDS Action Committee is proud to now offer clients a variety of legal assistance through our new Legal Services Department. The Legal Services Department at AAC provides direct representation and legal advice in a variety of civil matters. The goal of the department is to advocate for the legal rights of those living with HIV/AIDS and survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking in the Boston metropolitan area and throughout Massachusetts. We believe that access to legal services will allow our clients to live healthier and safer lives.
The Legal Services Department represents clients in a variety of civil matters, including those listed below. The department does not provide advice or representation in criminal cases.
- Housing: Evictions, conditions issues, security deposits, and public/subsidized housing denials/terminations.
- Reasonable Accommodations: Housing, employment and public accommodations.
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence, and Stalking: Restraining orders, protective orders, child custody, divorce, and more.
- Estate Planning: Drafting of wills, healthcare proxies, and powers of attorney.
- Family Law: Divorce, child support/custody issues, and guardianship.
- Social Security Benefits: Eligibility issues, termination of benefits, and overpayments.
- Consumer Debt Issues: Debt collection, student loans, and violations of G.L. c. 93A.
- Unemployment Benefits: Appeals, denials, and overpayments.
- Health Insurance: Appeals, denials, and terminations for public and private health insurance.
- HIPAA/Privacy: Disclosure of private or protected health information.
- Discrimination: Employment, housing, and public accommodations.
- Public Benefits: Appeals, denials, and overpayments.
To contact the Legal Services Department at AAC, please call the Legal Intake Line at 617.450.1317 or email email@example.com.
Please note that you do not have to be a current client of Fenway Health or AAC to contact us about legal advice and/or representation, but you must be eligible and be willing to complete the intake process to become a client.
Want to receive email updates about what’s happening at Fenway Health and AIDS Action Committee? Sign up here.