- This event has passed.
Drop-In Group for Non-Trans Intimate Partners of Trans and GNC People
December 5, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm
Occurs the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30-7:45 PM at 1340 Boylston St, ninth floor.
Learn more about our drop-in groups here: https://fenwayhealth.org/care/behavioral-health/support-groups/
This is a monthly drop-in night for non-transgender people who are in an intimate relationship with a transgender or gender non-binary person. (Relationship meaning: long-term, dating, casual, open or monogamous). The group will provide a space for non-judgmental and uninhibited conversation, support, and resources. Topics that may come up in the group are:
· Changes in perceived identities
· Shifts in feeling a part of my LGBTQ or straight community
· Changes in sexual intimacy/comfort around bodies changing
· How to be an ally to my partner
· Handling disclosure: taking care of myself and also protecting my partner’s privacy
· Being excited with and caring for my partner and also managing my feelings of loss, judgment, sadness or fear
· Gathering of resources for continued support
Contact Sarah Eley, LICSW at 857.313.6551 for more questions or to register.