Fenway Health Transgender Program. Leader in High Quality, Informed Health Care Regardless of Gender Identity or Expression. Whatever Your Gender, We’ve Got You Covered.
Fenway offers several drop-in, staff-facilitated, peer-led, short-term, therapy and one-time social group activities and options for transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) people as well as for non-transgender partners, parents or guardians of TGNC individuals. A listing of these groups can be found here. Additional support and therapy groups at Fenway are available and welcoming of TGNC individuals. The full spectrum of available groups can be found here.
Fenway’s Trans Health Program can help you find health information and resources, and assist you in figuring out your next steps for getting the care you need.
This service is free and available on a walk-in basis for 20-minute sessions on Wednesdays from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm. This service is located on the 2nd Floor of the Ansin Building at 1340 Boylston Street. Please ask at the registration desk to speak with Cei.
If this time is not convenient for you, please email the Trans Health Patient Advocate to talk about your needs or for guidance in how to set up an appointment for help with your care.
Trans Suicide Prevention
For information about trans suicide and helping a person who is feeling suicidal, please download one of the following brochures:
- To assist a friend or someone you know in the community: Community Brochure
- For professionals who serve trans communities and want information on helping suicidal clients or patients: Providers’ Brochure
- Anonymous, toll-free information, referrals and support
Outside Gender Therapy Options
This is not an exhaustive listing.
Fenway cannot guarantee transgender cultural competence of outside providers. We recommend you interview any provider and find one that fits with your needs and expectations.
Informed Consent Documents
- Informed Consent for Feminizing Therapy (English
Informed Consent for Feminizing Therapy (Spanish)
- Informed Consent for Masculinizing Therapy (English)
Informed Consent for Masculinizing Therapy (Spanish)
Downloadable Self-Injection Guide for people who are managing their own intramuscular or subcutaneous injections of hormones. [These guidelines are not meant to replace proper training in injecting techniques and safety precautions. Please talk to your medical provider first and get proper training before attempting to self-inject using these guidelines.]
What to Expect: Hormone Treatment at Fenway Health
Downloadable resource for people interested in learning more about how hormone therapy works at Fenway Health!
Additional Trans Community Resources:
- AIDS Action/TransCEND services for Transgender Women
- The World Professional Association for Transgender Health, Inc.
- Compass (New England trans-masculine community peer support group)
- FTM International
- Hudson’s FTM Comprehensive Resource Guide
- International Journal of Transgenderism
- Health Maintenance for Transgender Men
- New England Trans Women’s Alliance
- Pop-up Transgender ID Project
- RAD Remedy online resources
- Tiffany Club of New England
- Transcend Boston and the Transgender Law Center
- Trans Pulse online resources
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation
- The Transitional Male Transsexual Roadmap
- UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Health