Fenway Health Transgender Program. Leader in High Quality, Informed Health Care Regardless of Gender Identity or Expression. Whatever Your Gender, We’ve Got You Covered.
Join our Transgender Peer Support Group!
This group is held on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month. Find us on the 9th floor at 1340 Boylston Street from 6:00 – 7:30 pm.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Fenway offers several drop-in, staff-facilitated, peer-led, short-term, therapy and one-time social group activities and options for transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) people as well as for non-transgender partners, parents or guardians of TGNC individuals. A listing of these groups can be found here. Additional support and therapy groups at Fenway are available and welcoming of TGNC individuals. The full spectrum of available groups can be found here.
Trans Suicide Prevention
For information about trans suicide and helping a person who is feeling suicidal, please download one of the following brochures:
- To assist a friend or someone you know in the community: Community Brochure
- For professionals who serve trans communities and want information on helping suicidal clients or patients: Providers’ Brochure
- Anonymous, toll-free information, referrals and support
Outside Gender Therapy Options
Fenway cannot guarantee transgender cultural competence of outside providers. We recommend you interview any provider and find one that fits with your needs and expectations.
Informed Consent Documents
- Informed Consent for Feminizing Therapy (English
Informed Consent for Feminizing Therapy (Spanish)
- Informed Consent for Masculinizing Therapy (English)
Informed Consent for Masculinizing Therapy (Spanish)
- Informed Consent for Puberty Blockers for Minors (English)
Informed Consent for Puberty Blockers for Minors (Spanish)
Downloadable Self-Injection Guide for people who are managing their own intramuscular or subcutaneous injections of hormones. [These guidelines are not meant to replace proper training in injecting techniques and safety precautions. Please talk to your medical provider first and get proper training before attempting to self-inject using these guidelines.]
The History of the Fenway Transgender Health Program
Download this interesting and informative booklet about the beginnings, history and growth of the Transgender Health Program at Fenway Health.
Martorelli, T. (Ed.). (2015). History of the Fenway Transgender Health Program. Boston, MA: Fenway Health.
Additional Trans Community Resources:
- AIDS Action/TransCEND services for Transgender Women
- The World Professional Association for Transgender Health, Inc.
- Compass (New England trans-masculine community peer support group)
- FTM International
- Hudson’s FTM Comprehensive Resource Guide
- International Journal of Transgenderism
- Learn how to Become Workplace Guide for Transgender Individuals
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
- New England Trans Women’s Alliance
- Pop-up Transgender ID Project
- RAD Remedy online resources
- Reproductive Health Access Project: Birth Control Across the Gender Spectrum
- Resources for TransMen on HIV and Reproductive Health
- Tiffany Club of New England
- Transcend Boston and the Transgender Law Center
- Trans Pulse online resources
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation
- The Transitional Male Transsexual Roadmap
- UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- University of Southern California Department of Nursing – Redefining Safe Spaces for Transgender Patients
Fenway Health offers medical and behavioral health care for gender diverse youth under 18 at all of our clinical sites.
Our providers host a clinic for trans youth under 18 on the following days:
- Every 2nd Wednesday at 1340 Boylston Street on the third floor.
- Every 3rd Wednesday at Fenway: South End, 142 Berkeley Street.
- Every 4th Wednesday at 1340 Boylston Street on the third floor.
To schedule a visit at the Trans Youth Clinic:
- 1340 Boylston and Fenway: South End – 617.927.6000
- These sites see ALL ages and treat trans children, including puberty suppression as appropriate.
- Sidney Borum Health Center – 617.457.8140
- This site sees patients 12-29 years old only.
Call the numbers above to request an appointment in any of the Trans Youth Clinic times.
TRANS YOUTH CLINIC PROVIDERS
Rebecca Henderson, LICSW
For more information on what to expect at the clinic, please refer to the Hormone Therapy Resource at the top of this page.
The Fenway Institute at Fenway Health has a robust Transgender Health Research program that is conducting ground-breaking research to improve the health and well-being of transgender people everywhere. To learn more about studies actively enrolling transgender folks, please visit the current studies at the Fenway Institute.
*Sort by studies for trans people.
For a webinar on how to assess readiness for gender affirming surgeries and write referral letters, click on this link.
For additional educational supports, please visit The National LGBT Health Education Center and check their free webinars and training modules. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.