We Provide Medical Care, Mental Health Care and Supportive Services that are Sensitive to the Needs of People on the Trans Spectrum
The Trans Health Program at Fenway helps to ensure access to high-quality, informed care for trans women, trans men, genderqueer, gender nonconforming, non-binary individuals, affirmed men and women, people with trans histories, and anyone with health needs unique to their diverse gender expressions and identities.
Fenway is committed to providing affirming care of the highest quality, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, religion, or socio-economic status.
Trans Health Program Patient Advocate:
Fenway’s Trans Health Patient Advocate can help you find health information and resources, and assist you in figuring out your next steps for getting the care you need.
This service is free and available on a walk-in basis for 20-minute sessions on Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. This service is located on the 2nd Floor of the Ansin Building at 1340 Boylston Street. (Please note: There will be no walk-ins on August 26)
If this time is not convenient for you, please call 857.313.6589 to talk about your needs or to set up a brief appointment for help with your information and care questions.
A Holistic Approach to Individual Health:
Services available include:
- Individual & Couples Therapy
- Family & Parenting Services
- Support Groups
- Considering Parenting
- Senior Support (“60+ Support”)
- Support for Non-Trans* Partners of Trans* Persons
- Letters to Support Hormone Therapy
- Letters to Support Surgery
- Primary Care
- Reproductive Rights Counseling
- Alternative Insemination Program
- Hormone Administration & Monitoring
- Post-Surgical Follow-up Care
- HIV & STD Testing & Counseling
- Specialized HIV Medical Care
- Breast Cancer Screenings
- Cancer Risks & Transgender People
- Cervical Cancer screenings
- Cancer Prevention & People on the FTM Spectrum
- Pharmacy services
- Counseling & Support for Victims of Violence & Harassment
- Specialized Care for Trauma Recovery in a Safe, Respectful Environment
- Legal Advocacy for Survivors of Domestic Violence, Hate Crimes, Sexual Assault & Police Misconduct
- Documentation of Hate Crimes
- Detox Acupuncture
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Anonymous, toll-free information, referrals and support
- Massage, Chiropractic and Acupuncture
Goals of the Trans Health Program:
- Provide gender-affirming, comprehensive health care for all trans and gender nonconforming patients
- Transform the way trans people receive care and lead the way in eliminating barriers to achieving maximum health and wellbeing
- Collaborate with other clinics and organizations serving trans and gender nonconforming communities
- Provide high quality trainings and education to mental health and medical professionals
- Conduct local, national, and global research on trans issues and concerns through The Fenway Institute
Outside Gender Therapy Options
This is not an exhaustive listing.
Fenway cannot guarantee transgender cultural competence of outside providers. We recommend you interview any provider and find one that fits with your needs and expectations.
Fenway Transgender Publications & Resources
Informational reports, resources and research citations are available from The Fenway Institute, the research, education and advocacy division of Fenway Health. Resources are located under “Transgender Health.”
On-demand webinars, reports and other resources are available from the National LGBT Health Education Center, a program of The Fenway Institute.
Downloadable Self-Injection Guide for people who are managing their own intramuscular or subcutaneous injections of hormones. [These guidelines are not meant to replace proper training in injecting techniques and safety precautions. Please talk to your medical provider first and get proper training before attempting to self-inject using these guidelines.]
Trans Health Program Patient Advocate
Trans Health Program Staff
|Renee Randazzo, MS|
|Ruben Hopwood, MDiv, PhD|
|Timothy Cavanaugh, MD|
Fenway Health considers trans health care to be an integrated part of primary health care. All medical providers at Fenway Health are trained in and provide trans care, including hormone treatments.
Common Questions about Trans Care at Fenway
If you have questions about how to access care through Fenway’s Trans Health Program, or other questions related to gender-affirming care, please contact our Trans Health Patient Advocate by calling 857.313.6589.
Feedback about Our Trans Health Program
Please tell us about your experiences at Fenway that exceed or fall short of your expectations. Please provide us with as much information about the situation as possible so that we may provide the highest level of response needed to correct or applaud the event. You do not need to be contacted unless you wish to be.
Please open our feedback form and provide all the information you have about the date and time of the service and the staff or providers involved. Your feedback is taken seriously and we appreciate your help in improving the patient experience here.
Trans Suicide Prevention
For information about trans suicide and helping a person who is feeling suicidal, please download one of the following brochures:
Additional Trans Community Resources:
Links in this section are for information only and represent the opinions and thoughts of the authors/web sites and are not endorsed by, or reflect the beliefs of, Fenway Health, or its affiliates. Neither this web site, nor any linked web sites are a substitute for professional medical or behavioral health advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Fenway Health web site or any linked web site.
- The World Professional Association for Transgender Health, Inc.
- Compass (New England trans-masculine community peer support group)
- FTM International
- Hudson’s FTM Comprehensive Resource Guide International Journal of Transgenderism
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition Health Maintenance for Transgender Men
- Lyon-Martin Health Services
- New England Trans Women’s Alliance
- Tiffany Club of New England
- Transcend Boston and the Transgender Law Center
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation
- The Transitional Male Transsexual Roadmap