Due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, our hours of operation at 1340 Boylston Street and Fenway: South End have changed.
1340 Boylston Street – Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm; Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Telehealth and in-person appointments 617.927.6000.
Fenway: South End – Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm. Telehealth and in-person appointments 617.247.7555.
We have also consolidated clinical staff from the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center to 1340 Boylston and the South End. Borum patients can continue to call 617.457.8140 to make appointments at one of those locations or for telehealth services.
Medical and Behavioral Health telehealth visits may occur outside of these hours.
Welcome to Fenway Health’s Behavioral Health Department
In keeping with Fenway Health’s commitment to care for the whole person, behavioral health is a fundamental part of our primary care model. We offer individual, group, couple, and family therapy; psychiatric consultation; and addiction services.
We can help you deal with a range of personal issues and life events. Whether you are coming out, coping with self-esteem issues, seeking more satisfying relationships, living with HIV, trying to stop drinking, or grieving the death of a partner, we provide high-quality care that is sensitive to LGBT concerns.
Services include evaluation and referrals; counseling for myriad issues; therapy and support groups; psychiatric evaluation and treatment; and daily acupuncture for alcohol and drug addiction. See our calendar section for selected programs and upcoming special events.
If you are interested in becoming a Fenway behavioral health patient or if you have a general inquiry about behavioral health services, call 617.927.6202.
If you are already registered as a psychiatry patient, then please call 617.927.6204.
- Evaluation, consultation and intake
- Individual, couples, family and group therapy
- Therapy and support groups
- Consultation to individual practitioners and institutions
- Short-term, skills-based groups
- Long-term psychotherapy groups
- LGBT-focused groups
- Case management for Fenway medical clients
- Assist medical clients with accessing health insurance
- Serve as link between Medical and Mental Health departments
- Short-term, focused counseling for medical clients
- Family support, especially surrounding HIV-related issues
- Assist clients in accessing HIV-related medications
- Referrals to other agencies
- Healthcare proxies
- Assistance with financial support/entitlement programs
Acupuncture daily walk-in clinic for detoxification from alcohol and drugs (Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 10:00 am & 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm; Saturday, 9:00 am – 11:00 am)
Substance abuse counseling, education and case management
Individual and group counseling
Harm reduction and recovery skills groups
HIV risk reduction education and referral to HIV test site
Self-help meetings on-site
-Fenway offers free, one-on-one sessions to help you quit tobacco. Set up an appointment by emailing email@example.com
- Support for LGBT survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, police harassment, and hate violence, including those seeking asylum based on real or perceived LGBT identity
- Services offered at Fenway’s 1340 Boylston Street and Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center locations as well as Western Massachusetts and Cape Cod
- Services offered in both English and Spanish
- Emotional support and counseling
- Help with coping skills and symptom reduction
- Educational and support groups
- Planning for safety
- Help connecting with affirming medical & legal services
- Assistance navigating legal systems
- Court accompaniment
- Assistance pursuing compensation
- Anonymous reporting and documenting of experiences of violence
- Multidisciplinary Medical and Mental Health Clinical Team
- Medical and Mental Health Services
- Support, education and outreach for LGBT parenting issues
- This weekly support group provides a safe space where LGBT people with cancer can meet others facing similar challenges, find comfort and companionship, and learn new ways to cope.
To Become a New Patient
We Offer In-Person and Telehealth Appointments
A Fenway provider is always available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you are a Fenway Health patient in need of urgent care and it is outside our normal business hours, please call 617.267.0900 and follow the prompts to reach the On-Call provider.
1340 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (acupuncture clinic runs 4:30 – 6:30 pm )
Fenway: South End
142 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center
75 Kneeland Street
Boston, MA 02111
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
(Walk-ins on Fridays from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm)