We have three office locations throughout Boston:
Fenway Health offers a wide range of patient services:
- medical care for children and adults
- specialty care for women’s health and transgender health
- behavioral health, including single and group sessions
- on-site pharmacy and labs
- eye care for adults and children ages 6 and older
- dental care for adults and children ages 3 and older
- complementary therapies
- HIV and STI testing, prevention and education
We are committed to providing you with the highest quality care, and as such:
- Fenway Health is affiliated with Beth Israel Lahey Health and Children’s Hospital, two major teaching hospitals of Harvard Medical School.
- Fenway Health is accredited by the Joint Commission, the nation’s pre-eminent standards-setting and accrediting body in health care.
- Fenway Health is recognized by the National Commission for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest level offered for this recognition.
Yes, we are a non-profit with 501(c)(3) status. Our tax ID number is 042-510564. For more information on our non-profit status or if you would like a copy of our 501(c)(3) certificate, please call our Development Office at 617.927.6350.
Fenway offers a full range of services from primary care, to counseling, to complementary therapies. You may become a patient at Fenway through most of these services. Primary care relationships may be established with a provider in the Health Center or at Fenway: South End or the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center. The Health Center offers you a “one-stop” facility for many primary, specialty, and counseling services. Fenway: South End provides a smaller, private practice environment. The Borum provides medical and behavioral health care for young people aged 12 to 29.
Providers who are currently accepting new patients can be found here. Medical patients should contact either Fenway Health, Fenway: South End or the Borum. Our staff can help you select a primary care provider that is right for you. Behavioral Health and Complementary Therapies clients should contact the Health Center. Both locations are wheelchair accessible.
- To schedule a medical appointment at Fenway Health, 1340 Boylston Street, call 617.927.6000
- To schedule a medical appointment at Fenway: South End, call 617.247.7555.
- To schedule a medical or behavioral health appointment at the Borum, call 617.457.8140.
- To schedule a behavioral health appointment at Fenway Health or Fenway South End, call:
- 617.927.6202 for new patients and general inquiries
- 617.927.6204 for existing psychiatry patients
Fenway Health takes the privacy of its patients and their protected health information very seriously. Learn more about how your medical information may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
While Fenway Health accepts all major insurance plans and participates in a number of managed care plans, no single plan is likely to cover all the services we offer. Therefore, we recommend that you confirm with your insurer that you are covered for a specific service or provider before obtaining treatment.
If you belong to a managed care plan, you must inquire about our physicians/providers by name; Fenway Health will not be listed as a participating provider, although our doctors will be. When checking with your health plan, make sure that the service is covered and that you can be seen at Fenway.
While Fenway can estimate the costs of services, actual costs will vary based on the services that occur during your visit. For more on the services Fenway provides call 617.927.6000. For questions about your insurance coverage, please call your insurer directly.
Fenway Health, Fenway: South End and the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center all accept most major health plans, including the following:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim
- AllWays Health Partners
- Aetna (except for Aetna Medicare Advantage plans)
- United Health Care
This list is by no means exhaustive and we accept many other types of insurance. If your insurance carrier is not on this list, please call Fenway’s main number at 617.267.0900 and ask to speak to someone about insurance coverage.
Not all of our medical specialties or complementary services may be eligible for coverage. Be sure to check with your health plan.
In most cases, we can bill your insurance company directly. You are expected to bring your current insurance card to every appointment so we may bill your insurance carrier. In addition, we require that co-payments be made when you check in for each appointment. Before booking an appointment, find out what your plan covers and obtain any referrals.
Although we accept most insurance networks, Fenway services might be considered “out-of-network” for some plans. If this is the case, you should know that you are responsible for any fees not covered by your insurance. For example, if your insurance covers 80 percent of “out-of-network” costs, Fenway will bill you directly for the remaining 20 percent after the claim has been submitted to your insurance company. You are also responsible for any co-payments.
For eligible clients, medical services may be available at no cost or reduced cost through special grants or free-care programs, such as MassHealth. Services may be available on a sliding fee rate. No one is denied care based on ability to pay.
In order to receive this help, you must apply for financial assistance at the time of service.
If you need assistance covering the cost of your care, request an appointment with our financial assistance advisor by calling 617.927.6007. The advisor will review your financial circumstances and process your enrollment.
Yes! Fenway offers a convenient, on-site Pharmacy at our main health center, 1340 Boylston Street, and at our Fenway: South End location. Fenway patients can have prescriptions filled while they visit the health center and get quick service on refills, including the convenient option of free shipping on refills mailed directly to your home.
To contact the Fenway Pharmacy directly with a question or to check up on a prescription order, please call 617.927.6330.
For patients not using Fenway’s Pharmacy, requests for refills and referrals should be directed to the nurse on your medical team (617.927.6100 or your nurse’s direct extension). You can also dial one of the prescription refill direct lines:
- 617.927.6333 for prescriptions from a medical or behavioral health provider at 1340 Boylston Street
- 617.927.6164 for prescriptions from a Fenway: South End medical or behavioral health provider
Fenway has a number of Spanish-speaking providers. Hablamos español en los departamentos de medicina (incluyendo servicios de acupuntura) y de salud mental. Para más información, por favor llame al 617.927.6460. If you wish to speak to someone in Spanish, please call 617.927.6460.
For deaf and hard of hearing patients, we can arrange for an American Sign Language (ASL), interpreter to be present at your appointment. (Please be sure to give sufficient notice.) Alternatively, patients are welcome to bring their own translators/interpreters.
To request a copy of your medical record, please download the Medical Records Release Form (PDF) and then fax it to 617.425.5713 or mail it to Medical Records, Fenway Health, Ansin Building, 75 Amory Street, Boston, MA 02119.
If you are a Fenway Health patient and feel sick or need urgent medical advice after our office is closed, you can call us anytime. We are here to care for you day or night, 365 days a year. Call 617.267.0900 and a member of our medical staff will call you back.
Fenway is committed to providing the highest quality care and is accredited by the Joint Commission – an independent, not-for-profit organization, and the nation’s predominant standards setting and accrediting body in health care. Fenway responds to client needs with the utmost care and respect, and abides by all Massachusetts General Laws regarding patient confidentiality. We firmly comply with the Patient Bill of Rights.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments related to any aspect of Fenway care, please fill out our online customer feedback form or call our Director of Patient Services at 617.927.6178.
We Welcome Your Phone Call
1340 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Holidays When Fenway Health is Closed
Fenway Health observes a number of holidays during the calendar year. See below for a list of holidays on which all Fenway locations, including the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center, are closed. If you have questions about any of these holidays, please call us at 617.267.0900 or email email@example.com.
- Monday, January 2 – New Year’s (Observed)
- Monday, January 16 – MLK, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 20 – President’s Day
- Monday, April 17 – Patriot’s Day
- Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19 – Juneteenth
- Tuesday, July 4 – Fourth of July
- Monday, September 4 – Labor Day
- Thursday, November 23 to Friday, November 24 – Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25 – Christmas