We Believe That Everyone Deserves Access To High-Quality, Affordable Health Care
Has your employment situation recently changed? Are you and your family currently uninsured? If you live in Massachusetts, Fenway Health can help you enroll in Commonwealth Care, MassHealth, and other programs. We can also talk to you about our sliding fee schedule for patients and clients Call us at 617.927.6000 and ask for an appointment with our financial assistance counselors. No one is denied care based on ability to pay.
To make your insurance enrollment process as easy as possible, please bring any of the following that apply:
- Proof of your annual household income, if any (two current payroll stubs, social security income, letter from your employer, or tax returns)
- Proof of citizenship and identity if you are a US citizen (photo ID and birth certificate, passport, or certificate of naturalization)
- If you are not a citizen, please bring proof of immigration status, if any (copy of green cards, or other immigration papers). If you don’t have any papers or documentation, you can still apply!
These insurance plans are for low to medium income individuals and families. They use state and federal rules to decide if you or your family members are eligible for benefits. If you are eligible, you will receive the most complete coverage that you qualify for.
This drop-in clinic also offers free HIV antibody testing and Hepatitis B and C testing.
Commonwealth Care is an insurance program for uninsured individuals with incomes that fall within certain guidelines and who meet other qualifications. With Commonwealth Care, you choose a health plan and you choose your own doctor. The benefits of Commonwealth Care include regular check-ups, treatment when you are sick or injured, prescriptions at your local pharmacy, vision care, mental health or substance abuse treatment, and, for some members, dental care. MassHealth is a public health insurance program for eligible low and medium-income residents of Massachusetts.
MassHealth is the name used in Massachusetts for Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Plan (SCHIP), combined in one program. There are some basic rules for getting MassHealth. Even if you or your family already have health insurance, you may be eligible if your family’s income is low or medium and:
- You are a parent living with your children under age 19;
- You are an adult caretaker living with children under age 19 to whom you are related by blood, adoption, or marriage, or are a spouse or former spouse of one of those relatives, and you are the primary caretaker of these children when neither parent is living in the home;
- You are under age 19, whether or not you live with your family;
- You are pregnant, with or without children;
- You have been out of work for a long time;
- You are disabled;
- or You are HIV-positive.
Please note: if you are an immigrant who lives in Massachusetts, with or without immigration papers, you can apply for public health insurance.
Available options include MassHealth Limited, Health Safety Net, Children’s Medical Security Plan, and the Healthy Start Program. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us for more information.
For more information, including details about any upcoming insurance enrollment events near your home or workplace, please call 617.927.6000.
Insurance enrollment assistance is available during regular business hours. Call our appointment line at 617.927.6000 to make an appointment with our Financial Assistance Specialist.
1340 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Questions or Comments?
Fenway: South End
142 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116
Questions or Comments?
Sidney Borum, Jr. Medical Center
75 Kneeland Street
Boston, MA 02111