The National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center at The Fenway Institute is excited to announce that registration is now open for the 9th annual Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health: A Course for the Whole Care Team. We will be holding the conference in person October 27 – 29, 2023, at The Colonnade Hotel in Boston, MA.
Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health is proposed as a national CME course developed in response to the high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for adults, adolescents, and children who are transgender or gender diverse (TGD). This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing competent and confident gender-affirming health care, grounded in research evidence and best clinical practices. Sessions are led by expert faculty specialized in transgender health-focused research and patient care. The conference is appropriate for all members of health care teams, including physicians, behavioral health care providers, physician assistants, nurses, and other staff.
Scholarships and tuition waivers are available for TGD providers and students. Learn more here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gender Affirmative Health Care
- Unconscious and Implicit Bias
- Considerations for TGD Providers Caring for TGD Patients
- Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Behavioral Health Care
- Primary and Preventative Health Needs
- Gender-Affirming Surgeries
- Puberty Blockers and Hormone Therapy for Youth
- Transgender Legal Issues
- Providing Mental Health Assessments for Gender Affirming Surgery Referral Letters
- Collecting Gender Identity Data
- And more!
In addition to didactic presentations, attendees will learn from lived experience panels and have the opportunity to engage in interactive discussions that highlight medical and behavioral health approaches to gender-affirmative care, led by experienced clinicians specialized in transgender health.
Who Should Attend
- Primary Care Physicians
- Specialty Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply available evidence to update standards of care and programs for transgender and gender diverse adults, adolescents and children, including care focused on both routine primary care needs and care specific to affirming the gender identity of patients.
- Develop an integrated model of care that combines behavioral health and primary care and apply relevant practices to members of the care team to create a patient-centered model of care.
- Collect data on gender identity and train staff on nuances of using the data for communication to improve quality care and patient satisfaction.
Please register here. Discounted pricing available through August 31, 2023.
Questions? Contact us here.