Thank you to everyone who helped make our June 4th Family Friendly Pride Event Fundraiser benefitting the Cape & Islands Transgender Resource Fund such a great success!
Sponsored by Fenway Health, First Parish UU Church, Eastern Bank & Arts Foundation of Cape Cod and held at the First Parish UU Church in Brewster, the event featured face painting, local merchants and artists, LGBTQIA+ resource tables, live music, juggling, a photo booth, and a silent auction.
One of the highlights of the event included a visit from MA state Rep. Sarah Peake, who purchased an event T-shirt and then wore it when she spoke at Provincetown Pride.
The Cape and Islands Transgender Resource Fund is a small grassroots group of transgender people and allies. Their mission is to lend a helping hand to transgender and gender non-conforming individuals living on Cape Cod and the Islands in need of assistance in meeting the challenge of their life journey.
We’d like to give special thanks to the following individuals and organizations:
Everyone who made financial donations, including:
- Scott Fitzmaurice from Thrive, The Cape & Islands Gay & Straight Youth Alliance
- The Welcoming Committee of First Parish UU Church
- Eastern Bank
Our art auction donors:
- Julia Cumes, & Steward Clifford Gallery
- The parishioners from St. Peter’s Lutheran & St. Mary Magdala Church
- All of the local artists who donated to the auction
- And all of our friends who donated from their own collections
Our Raffle donors:
- Coastline Tattoo
- Main Street Wine & Gourmet in Orleans
Organizations and individuals who tabled:
- Alyson Sousa
- Barnstable No Place for Hate
- Belonging Books
- Cape Cod Children’s Place
- Cape Cod PFLAG
- Cape Cod Pride
- Fenway Health’s Violence Recovery Program
- Green Road Refill
- Health Imperatives
- Independence House
- Inspiration Everywhere
- Jamie Sandborn/ Tarot Card Reader
- Millbilly Farms
- MLK Action Team /Committee of Nauset Interfaith Association
- ONA Committee of Dennis Union Church
- Vin Fen Recovery Center
Our musicians and performers:
- Diana from Out Late (sponsored by Arts Foundation of Cape Cod)
- Molly Parmenter
- Trevor the Juggler
- Jennifer Stratton/ Face Painting
For some great pictures from this fun day of community celebration, visit our Facebook page here.