Fenway Health is proud to announce that we have once again been named an LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader in the HRC’s annual Healthcare Equality Index (HEI). Leader status is awarded to healthcare facilities that attained a score of 100 in the HEI. This status is a reflection of Fenway’s commitment to providing culturally competent healthcare of the highest quality to everyone who walks through our doors.
The 13th edition of the HEI awards participants a numerical score based on their LGBTQ-inclusive policies and practices. HEI participants are given scores in four criteria: Non-Discrimination and Staff Training, Patient Services and Support, Employee Benefits and Policies, and Patient and Community Engagement. Participants that receive the maximum score in each section earn the title of 2020 LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader. A record 765 healthcare facilities actively participated in the HEI 2020 survey. Of those included in the HEI, 495 earned an “LGBTQ health care Equality Leader” designation.
buy lipitor online https://noprescriptionbuyonlinerxx.net/lipitor.html no prescription
The remarkable progress reflected in the 2020 HEI includes:
- 92% of participants met the HEI’s training requirements, completing more than 150,000 hours of staff training in LGBTQ patient-centered care.
- 99% of HEI participants documented that they include both “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” in their patient non-discrimination policy.
- 99% of HEI participants documented that they include both “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” in their employment nondiscrimination policy.
- 53% of HEI participants indicated that their facility has a policy or policies that specifically outline procedures and practices aimed at eliminating bias and insensitivity, and ensuring appropriate, welcoming interactions with transgender patients.
- After many years of trailing their corporate counterparts in the provision of transgender-inclusive health care benefits for employees, HEI participating healthcare facilities are nearly on par with the HRC Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) participants as 80% have at least one health care plan that offered this benefit. The latest CEI noted 85% of participants having such benefits.
buy lexapro online https://noprescriptionbuyonlinerxx.net/lexapro.html no prescription
“From the previously unimaginable impact of the COVID-19 pandemic to the horrific incidents of racial violence targeting the Black community, the events of the past year have brought about so much pain and uncertainty. Yet, even during this moment of profound unrest, we are seeing more of our humanity and resilience come to life. For me, nowhere is that more true than through the tireless dedication of our health care providers and the intrepid support and administrative staff members by their sides that show up every day to ensure this life-saving work continues,” said HRC President Alphonso David. “The health care facilities participating in the HRC Foundation’s Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) are not only on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, they are also making it clear from their participation in the HEI that they stand on the side of fairness and are committed to providing inclusive care to their LGBTQ patients. In addition, many have made strong statements on racial justice and equity and are engaging in efforts to address racial inequities in their institutions and their communities. We commend all of the HEI participants for their commitment to providing inclusive care for all.”
buy lasix online https://noprescriptionbuyonlinerxx.net/lasix.html no prescription
We at Fenway Health are truly honored to be counted among this year’s LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders.
Want to receive email updates about what’s happening at Fenway Health and AIDS Action? Sign up here.