The COVID-19 pandemic has devastated the world on a scale not seen in a hundred years. As we enter the final months of 2020, with cases and deaths continuing to rise across the US, researchers are working round the clock to find a vaccine. Here at Fenway Health, we have recently been activated as a trial site for the new CoVPN 3502 COVID-19 antibody study. How can antibodies be used to potentially stop the spread of COVID-19? In the latest episode of Fenway Health’s Pride in Our Health podcast, Dr. Kenneth H. Mayer, Medical Research Director at Fenway Health and Co-Director of The Fenway Institute, provides an in-depth look at this study. The episode explores topics such as:
- How antibodies work
- The difference between an antibody treatment and a vaccine
- A walk-through of clinical research trials
- The safety of antibody studies
- Upcoming COVID-19 vaccine research
- The intersection of HIV and COVID-19 research
- How you can join this COVID-19 antibody trial
Listen to the episode here or subscribe to Pride in Our Health on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or Spotify.
Want to receive email updates about what’s happening at Fenway Health? Sign up here.