Registration is now open for the 34th Annual AIDS Walk & Run Boston on Sunday, June 2, 2019. We’re offering a special perk for early birds: when you sign up for the Walk between now and March 1, your registration fee will be waived!*
The AIDS Walk began on June 1, 1986 when 4,000 people came together for a fundraising walk to support the services of AIDS Action Committee called then “From All Walks of Life.” More than thirty years later, almost 350,000 people have participated in the AIDS Walk & Run Boston and have raised over $40 million for the programs and services of AIDS Action. We continue the legacy of honoring those we have lost. We celebrate their lives as well as the progress we have made against HIV/AIDS and towards LGBTQ rights.
AIDS Action, the leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Massachusetts, provides assistance to clients living with the disease and to those at risk for infection.
Why Walk or Run? When you support the AIDS Walk Boston, you help AIDS Action deliver a wide range of life-saving programs and services, including:
- Youth on Fire, our youth drop-in center offering homeless youth shelter, food, and need-based assistance
- Access: Drug User Health Program, providing needle exchange and training in the reversals of drug-overdoses through Narcan
- Legal Services, defending clients’ rights to housing and non-discrimination in the workplace
- Housing, assisting in securing or maintaining safe homes for clients and their families
- Advocacy, activating at the local and national level to encourage progressive public health policies
- Prevention, on the ground outreach and education in communities at risk for infection
Register today! Change the narrative. Change a life. Support AIDS Action!
* Registration for the 5K Run is $35. After March 1, the registration fee for the Walk will be $15. Those unable to self-donate the registration fee will not be turned away. Please email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.424.WALK (9255) for scholarship options.