The Fenway Institute and Harvard Medical School are proud to announce a new educational opportunity for health care providers this spring. Advancing Excellence in Health Care for Sexual and Gender Minorities: A Core Course for the Whole Care Team will be held at the Boston Seaport Hotel from March 22, 2019 – March 24, 2019.
Advancing Excellence in Sexual and Gender Minority Health is a national CME course developed in response to a high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for patients who identify as a sexual or gender minority.
This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing competent, confident and affirmative health care, ground in research evidence and best clinical practices. Sessions are led by expert faculty specialized in sexual and gender minority research and patient care.
The conference will include didactic presentations as well as interactive panels and case discussions.
Conference topics include:
- Achieving Health Equity: Terminology, Demographics, Stigmas and Disparities
- Creating a Welcoming and Inclusive Environment
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Trauma Informed Care
- Primary Care and Preventative Health Needs of LGBTQ Patients
- LGBTQ Youth and Adolescents
- LGBTQ Older Adults
- Pathways to Parenthood for LGBTQ People
- HIV/STI Treatment and Prevention for LGBTQ People
- Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data
The conference is appropriate for all members of health care teams, including physicians, behavioral health care providers, physician assistance, nurses, and other staff.
To register, please visit our website here.
Want to receive email updates about what’s happening at Fenway Health? Sign up here.