Fenway Health invites you to join us for our annual “Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health” Conference from October 13 to 14, 2017. This year’s conference is being offered as a national course accredited by Harvard Medical School. Local and nationally-recognized experts will train the whole health care team in providing competent and confident gender-affirmative health care, grounded in research evidence and best clinical practices.
The conference is produced by our team of medical, mental health, and health research experts. The conference program includes foundational material for all members of health care teams as well as specialized content for both medical and behavioral health care providers.
Following two successful years hosted at Fenway Health’s flagship clinic in the Ansin Building, Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health will be offered as a national course accredited by Harvard Medical School. The course was developed in response to the high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for adults, adolescents, and children who are questioning their gender identity or who identify as transgender or gender non-conforming.
This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing competent and confident gender-affirmative health care, grounded in research evidence and best clinical practices. Sessions are led by expert faculty specialized in transgender-focused research and patient care. The conference is appropriate for all members of health care teams, including physicians, behavioral health care providers, physician assistants, nurses, and other staff.
In addition to didactic presentations, attendees will learn from a panel of transgender community members and have the opportunity to engage in interactive case discussions that highlight medical and behavioral health approaches to gender-affirmative care, led by experienced clinicians specialized in transgender health.
Conference topics will include:
- Gender Affirmative Health Care: Terminology, Demographics, and Epidemiology
- Gender Identity Development in Children and Adolescents
- Transgender Adults Community Panel
- Behavioral Health Care for Transgender Adults
- Behavioral Health Assessment and Referrals for Gender Affirming Surgery
- Primary Medical and Preventative Care Needs of Transgender Clients
- Obstetric Care and Reproductive Health for Transgender Clients
- Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Behavioral Health Care for Gender Diverse Children and Adolescents
- Family Systems of Transgender Children
- Transgender Youth Community Panel
- Transgender People and HIV
- Gender Affirming Surgeries
- Gender Affirming Sexual Health Care
- Transgender and Gender Nonconforming People of Color
This year’s conference will be held at The Colonnade Hotel in Boston, located at 120 Huntington Avenue.
The conference program and agenda will be available soon.
Conference registration is $400 for physicians, $350 for residents and fellows, and $300 for other allied healthcare professionals. An Early Bird discount of 10% will be applied to any registrations received before July 1, 2017.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.