Are you trans or gender non-conforming and interested in improving your sexual health? We are looking for young trans and gender non-conforming people/gender nonbinary who are HIV negative to participate in a technology-based health research study and earn up to $430 in this entirely remote study!
What is TechStep?
- TechStep is a smartphone-based program for trans youth and young adults to promote accurate risk perception and increase HIV/STI testing and linkage to PrEP services
What Does the Study Entail?
- Participants will be enrolled for 9 months and access the program through their smartphone
- The enrollment appointment includes completing a questionnaire, getting free STI and HIV testing and testing for recent drug use
- The enrollment visit can also be completed online, in which case the study team will mail participants a kit to complete HIV and STI testing at home
- Participants will be asked to participate in an in person or online study visit every 3 months (so at 3, 6, and 9 months after enrolling) to go through similar procedures
- Some participants will be randomized to also receive e-coaching services after month 3
In order to be eligible for the focus groups you need to be:
- 15-24 years old
- Trans feminine, trans masculine, gender non-binary, or birth sex and current gender differ
- Not known to be HIV infected(will be tested to confirm)
- Own an iOS or Android mobile phone with SMS and internet access capabilities
- Read and speak English
Take our brief online survey to determine if you’re eligible: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/TSBOSMISC