Fenway Health continues to restructure to better serve our mission and strengthen the organization as we look towards the hiring of a new permanent CEO later this year. In that spirit, we have several Leadership announcements, including the appointment of Fenway’s first Medical Director of Quality and Health Equity.
- Medical Director Juan Jaime de Zengotita has accepted a new position as Fenway’s Medical Director of Quality and Health Equity. In this position, Juan Jaime will be responsible for achieving performance of quality goals, strengthening a culture of health equity and quality improvement, and moving us toward a value-based care model.
- Brian Bakofen will serve as Interim Medical Director. Brian has been a primary care physician at Fenway since 2011 and has led the Medical Department in the past.
- Julie Thompson will expand her responsibilities to serve as Interim Associate Medical Director. Julie is also Fenway’s Medical Director of the Transgender Health Program.
- Monica Nguyen has been named our new Director of Optometry. Monica has been a staff Optometrist here at Fenway since 2021, providing care for hundreds of patients every year while also serving as a preceptor for 3rd and 4th year optometry students.
- Patrick Lavelle is Fenway’s new Interim Chief Financial Officer. Pat has over 35 years experience in budgeting, financial analysis, and government contracting and reporting for non-profit organizations.
- Amanda Eldredge is our Interim Director of Nursing. Over the past 12 years, Amanda has held various nursing positions, including most recently as the Care Coordination Manager. She holds a breadth and depth of knowledge in clinical operations that will serve her well in this interim role.
- Dan Ready has accepted a new role as Fenway Health’s Manager of Facilities, Safety & Security. Dan has overseen our Facilities team for the past two years and will now manage our Safety & Security efforts as well.
- Scott Everton, Fenway’s Optical Manager, has once again agreed to expand his role to provide oversight and management of our Boomerangs stores as Boomerangs General Manager. Scott’s expertise in retail business, along with his collaborative leadership style and innovative spirit will be instrumental in leading the Boomerang’s operations.
We hope you will join us in congratulating everyone on their new roles and welcoming Patrick to Fenway Health.