Boston’s Women’s Health Experts
Fenway’s Women’s Health Program seeks to meet the healthcare needs of all individuals using its services, across the spectrum of identity, including lesbians, bisexual, queer, and heterosexual women, transgender women, people who identify as gender neutral or nonbinary, and people on the transmasculine spectrum. Our clinic is wheelchair accessible and has gender-inclusive bathrooms.
*Note: Fenway serves all individuals and families regardless of ability to pay. We provide free care and discounted charges on a sliding scale depending on family size and income, and to persons with significant medical expenses.
- Create a welcoming place where all patients are encouraged to be active participants in their healthcare.
- Serve people with diverse sexual and gender identities and expressions.
- Improve health and well-being by providing excellent comprehensive care, education, outreach and advocacy, and research collaborations.
- Re-evaluate the effectiveness of traditional models of healthcare delivery and continuously explore new opportunities to enhance the quality of care.
We are accepting new patients at all of our locations.
Women’s Health providers at Fenway Health are experts in:
- Primary Care for Children, Adults, and Seniors
- Routine physical exams
- Preventive health counseling
- Chronic illness management
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings
- Birth Control and Contraception
- Obstetrics and Prenatal Care
- Lactation Services
- Alternative Insemination
- Transgender Health
- STD/HIV Prevention and Treatment
- Mammography and Bone Density Screening
Our Team-Based Approach to Your Care
Every medical patient at Fenway works with a primary care team, which includes a primary care provider and a registered nurse who are actively involved in your care. Depending upon your preference, your primary care provider may be a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner. You may request a Spanish-speaking provider.
Your provider serves as a team leader and coordinates all routine medical care: exams, lab tests, medical imaging, diagnosis, and treatment. In addition, our team includes a social worker to support emotional and mental well-being. Our program coordinator promotes our services through outreach events that encourage holistic health.
When appropriate, your team will refer you to other Fenway resources, such as:
- Behavioral Health
- Complementary therapies including acupuncture, massage therapy and tobacco cessation
- To set up a free, one-on-one tobacco cessation session, email email@example.com
- Dentistry and optometry
- Other in-house specialty services, including dermatology, podiatry and pulmonology
The Women’s Health Team is dedicated to improving the health of our patients through community outreach and partnerships. You can read more about our efforts on the Fenway Focus blog. Our outreach services include:
- Annual Audre Lorde Cancer Awareness Brunch for women of color cancer survivors and their supporters
- Boundless Event Series to promote holistic LGBTQ Health
- Partnerships with community organizations
- Women’s Dinner Party
If you are interested in partnering with the Women’s Health Team, contact the Women’s Health Program Coordinator.
Bisexual Resource Center
Bisexual Women of Color
Black and Pink
Family Equality Council
Flashback Sunday: LGBT Elders of Color
Hispanic Black Gay Coalition
Lesbians of Color Symposium Collective
Massachusetts Asian Pacific Islanders (MAP)
Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
The Meeting Point
The Network La Red
New England Professional Queer Women of Color
Older Lesbians Organizing for Change (OLOC)
Queer Asian Pacific-Islander Alliance
Queer Muslims of Boston
The Family Medicine team at Fenway Health has launched a series of new informational sheets designed to help new patients – and new parents and guardians – navigate pediatric care….
The month of March marks the 5th Annual Bisexual Health Awareness Month (BHAM), first celebrated by the Bisexual Resource Center five years ago. Each year, the nonprofit, which supports the…
Fenway Health is thrilled to announce that two of our wonderful physicians will be taking on important new roles starting in January 2018. Dr. Ami Multani, who currently serves as…
Fenway Health is pleased to announce that Tanekwah Hinds, Women’s Health Program Coordinator, has been selected for a Healthy Community Leadership Award from Boston Alliance for Community Health (BACH). According to BACH,…
During the month of November, the Women’s Health Team hosted the second Queer Women’s Empowerment Series, a workshop series that supports the health of lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer women….