On November 15 and 16 2017, The Fenway Institute’s Coordinating Center for Technical Assistance (CCTA) organized the National Convening for the Selections of Interventions at HRSA headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. CCTA is part of a new HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau initiative entitled Using Evidence-informed Interventions to Improve Health Outcomes among People Living with HIV (PLWH).
The 54-person convening welcomed selected expert faculty and community advisors comprised of researchers, clinicians, and community leaders living with HIV from across the country. The convening was tasked with selecting 16 evidence-informed interventions that can be disseminated nationally to PLWH within four focus areas: transgender women, Black men who have sex with men, behavioral health integration into primary medical care, and identifying and addressing trauma.
The interventions will be featured in a Request for Proposals, which will allow Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) recipient sites around the country to apply for technical help when implementing these interventions. Up to 24 RWHAP sites will receive subwards over the next four years for sustainable and culturally-tailored implementation of these evidence-informed interventions.
“We are very grateful to the national HIV experts who joined us at HRSA headquarters to select the most effective and culturally-appropriate interventions for implementation at Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipient sites across the country,” said Alex Keuroghlian, MD MPH, Principal Investigator for the Evidence-informed Interventions Coordinating Center for Technical Assistance and Director of the Division of Education and Training at The Fenway Institute.
The CCTA Project Team is:
- Alex S. Keuroghlian, M.D., M.P.H, — Principal Investigator/Project Director
- Linda Marc, Sc.D., M.P.H – National Implementation Director
- Massah Massaquoi, M.P.H – National Coordinator
- Reagin Wiklund, B.S. – Program Assistant
- Sarah Mitnick, B.A. – Operations Manager
- Tim Michael, B.A. – Program Coordinator
- Ken Mayer, M.D. – Chair Advisory Board, Director of HIV Interventions
- Sari Reisner, Sc.D. – Associate Director of HIV Interventions
- Conall O’Cleirigh, Ph.D. – Research Scientist, Behavioral Health
- Sean Cahill, Ph.D. – Director of Curriculum and Policy
- Tim Cavanaugh, M.D. – Medical Director of the Transgender Health Program
Want to receive email updates about what’s happening at Fenway Health? Sign up here.